Practice Ready Program (Intensive) Perth 20.02.2017
|Back to Events||
20 Feb 2017
This session in Perth is being offered in an intensive format, delivered over 5 consecutive days, from 20 - 24 of February 2017.
*Please note that you will need to bring a laptop to the program to use and you will need to have Word or an equivalent program.
This course will assist you to:
- Understand the compliance requirements imposed by the Code of Conduct
- Understand the obligations associated with managing an immigration practice
- Undertake legal research to determine appropriate outcomes for clients
- Assess clients against immigration law and policy
- Liaise with clients, including ascertaining facts and information from clients and delivering advice to clients
- Capably manage immigration files in compliance with the Code of Conduct
- Teachers offer feedback on all work undertaken in the course
- Comprehensive reference manual to assist you in future practice
- Case studies preparing you for complex matters
- Experience of handling a mock file from start to finish
Dates of course:
The Practice Ready Program runs over four full days from 9:00am - 5:00pm and one half day (either AM or PM - students will be allocated a time for their mock hearing during the workshop). The dates of the workshops are:
Monday 20 February 2017
Tuesday 21 February 2017
Wednesday 22 February 2017
Thursday 23 February 2017
Friday 24 February 2017
Venue: Saxons Training Facilities, Level 1, 140 St Georges Terrace, Perth 6000
Educators: A team of senior MIA Members
This program is worth ten (10) CPD points. This includes the four (4) mandatory points that must be completed within an agent's first year of practice of Accounts Management, File Management, Ethics and Professional Practice and Business Management.
Paying by instalment:
The MIA offers agents the opportunity to pay for the PRP in four instalments of $500. The first payment must be made with registration to secure your place and final payment received prior to your attendance at the first day of the course. Your participation in the PRP will not be regarded as complete until payment is provided in full. To download the Pay by Instalments form please click on the link at the bottom of this Registration page.
MIA Cancellation Policy:
The MIA retains the right to cancel any event, CPD or Conference. If an event is cancelled the Institute will immediately inform registered participants and issue either a refund or credit note.
MIA Refund Policy:
Due to Office of the MARA seminar capacity restrictions, unfulfilled registrations take up valuable places in MIA CPD courses. Reimbursement or the issuance of credit notes for those who fail to attend is entirely at the discretion of the MIA and will only be considered under compelling circumstances.
- MIA PRP Registration Form 2017.pdf ( 299.2 kB )