27 Feb 2017
27 Feb 2017
28 Feb 2017
28 Feb 2017
1 Mar 2017
1 Mar 2017
Take the next step with your migration practice and add prestige to your professional career.
The Migration Institute of Australia (MIA) provides the migration advice profession’s most comprehensive membership offering, with a membership package centred on the professional and business needs of migration agents, their support staff and students working toward the Graduate Certificate in Migration Law and Practice.
"We operate in a heavily regulated industry which can change at any time. We need to work together as an industry to educate, influence and bring about positive change one issue at a time."
Jamie Lingham - Member since 2005
No other organisation rivals the Institute in providing high quality education, advocacy, professional support and advisory services in the migration field. Once you become a member of the MIA you will gain access to a host of benefits, including:
A voice that listens to your needs
The MIA is unmatched in the depth of professional support it offers members, including:
- Notices of policy and legislative changes, as they happen and a weekly e-newsletter covering topical stories and issues of interest to the profession;
- The MIA's Migration and Citizenship Case Law Newsfeed, distributed to full members monthly;
- Professional support from the Institute’s in-house Registered Migration Agents (RMAs);
- Access to the Institute's exclusive MIA member forum, which currently boasts over 100,000 posts.
Advocacy and Representation
A voice that represents you
Being a member of the MIA provides agents with a voice in petitioning government, regulators and the media on issues affecting the profession and individualised support on client and ethical matters. On behalf of its members, the Institute:
- Prepares submissions and makes representations to government on legislative, regulatory, policy and procedural issues;
- Provides advice on complaints lodged with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA);
- Prepares press statements and acts as the profession’s advocate in popular and industry media.
Education and Training
Advancing your knowledge while adding value to your business
The MIA conducts more than 200 seminars nationally through a variety of study options designed to fit members’ schedules and needs. MIA educational offerings include:
- Advanced workshops from expert presenters and industry leaders;
- Face-to-face and live online courses covering dozens of topics, which are continually updated to reflect legislative and regulatory changes;
- Self-guided Private Study Modules, to be navigated at the members’ convenience;
- Regular free member-only webinars designed to provide you with marketing and business development hints and tips.
Professional and Personal Benefits
Be rewarded for your membership
The MIA offers discounts and benefits to assist Members in saving time and money, including:
- Free travel insurance for you and your family;
- Discounted specialist Professional Indemnity (PI) and other insurances;
- Discounts on all MIA CPD courses, events and publications;
- The opportunity to earn referral commission through the MIA’s corporate partners and sponsors;
- Free online job posting and advertising and placement within the "Find an Agent" facility on the MIA website;
- Access to the MIA's Standard Agreement template and the MIA Members logo for web and marketing uses.
Become a Member
Sign-up online today by clicking here or emailing us directly with any questions you may have about membership. We look forward to welcoming you to the Migration Institute of Australia, a community of registered migration agents.