*This course was previously titled: Health Waivers
This workshop will cover the health waiver process under the Migration legislative framework and explain the circumstances in which a waiver of the health requirement is possible, including the key factors that are considered by the visa decision-maker. You will hear strategic advice on preparing an effective health waiver submission on behalf of your clients.
- Health requirements under the Migration Act 1958 and Migration Regulations 1994.
- Purpose of health requirement
- Health Visa criteria
- Negative MOC Assessments
- Health waiver process
- Appealing health refusals
Victoria Lenton MMIA, Accredited Specialist in Immigration Law
Principal Lawyer at Lenton Migration Law & Consultancy
Tuesday & Thursday, 13 and 15 February 2024
12:00pm - 1:30pm AEDT (Sydney time)
Continuing Professional Development
Registered Migration Agents
3 CPD | Category A
RMAs must attend for the full duration in order to obtain CPD points.
3 CPD | Substantive Law
Legal practitioners are eligible to earn points for this CPD. The MIA is an approved QA Provider of CPD for the Legal Profession in Western Australia.
You will need access to a computer or laptop with a reliable internet connection and speakers. For group discussion, you may also require a microphone and/or video. Earphones with a microphone that come standard with many mobile phones may be suitable.
Please join this test meeting to check your internet, speakers and microphone prior to registering.
This online event may be recorded. By registering and logging on to the event, the participant agrees to the following:
- Personally identifiable information of participants may be heard, seen, read, collected, or used by the MIA as the organiser and the other online seminar participants;
- Any communication or information transmitted during the online seminar, such as voice, instant messages, or presentations are available to and may be recorded and further used by the MIA as the organiser.
For further information, please call 02 9249 9000 or email [email protected].
Our terms and conditions can be accessed here.