27 Feb 2017
27 Feb 2017
28 Feb 2017
28 Feb 2017
1 Mar 2017
1 Mar 2017
Studying In Australia
Australia offers high quality education and training at all levels for international students.
All institutions and courses are regulated and monitored by the government, which means international students are safe in the knowledge they are protected whilst studying in the country.
The Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 is the legislative framework that exists to ensure the safety of these individuals, who currently number more than 500,000.
Australia has a world class education system offering valuable education experiences at various levels, including:
- More than 40 universities
- The Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector
- Foundation programs (bridging courses)
- English language courses (ELICOS)
- Primary and secondary schools
Education Agents are often the first point of contact between Australian education and training providers and prospective students and their parents. They are found all over the world and offer services to the full range of education providers.
Education Agents are available to assist students by providing:
- Information on education options, courses and pathways
- Background on Australia’s lifestyle, society, culture and environment
- Education counselling for students to ensure appropriate course selections
- The processing of enrolment applications to education providers
It’s important to note Education Agents are by law not permitted to provide immigration assistance.
In Australia, only those registered as migration agents with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) can provide immigration assistance.
Do you need to set up an Australian bank account?
An essential part of your visa application to migrate to Australia includes setting up an Australia bank account, which can be done before you arrive in Australia.
The Migration Institute of Australia has a partnership with one of Australia’s largest banks, the Commonwealth Bank
of Australia to assist people moving to work or study in Australia set up their bank account before they arrive in Australia.
Having your bank account with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia entitles you to the following services in Australia:
- more than 1,100 branches nationally and 3,700 Australia Post agencies.
- over 4,200 Automated Teller Machines (ATMs).
- 249,000 Commonwealth Bank supported EFTPOS terminals across Australia.
- 10 call centres, which handle over 120 million calls annually.
- NetBank, Australia’s # 1 online bank with over five million customers.
- our free CommBank app, a market-leading app for compatible iPhone, Android and Windows 8 smartphones^ to bank with us on the go.
Make sure you ask your Registered Migration Agent about setting up your Australian bank account with the Commonwealth Bank before you arrive in Australia.
^ You must be registered for NetBank with NetCode SMS to make payments using the CommBank app. Recipients of payments via mobile, email and Facebook need an Australian bank account to claim. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.